Audit Protection Plus Identity Theft Restoration
We’ve seen the IRS sending out a lot of letters and a lot of people dealing with with identity theft problems. This has been mentioned on our website blog. We will add PROTECTION PLUS to your tax return prior to e-filing your return.
We have partnered with Protection Plus to provide our clients with audit assistance and identity theft restoration services year round, and we highly recommend this program to all of our clients. Protection Plus [PP] is the leading provider of audit assistance and identity theft restoration services in the tax industry, and we want to ensure that all of our clients have this assistance and peace of mind.
We strongly encourage that you NOT handle any IRS notices yourselves, but instead forward them on to us, for evaluation.
Did You Know: Reduced staffing and increased automated audits at the IRS (Now over 5 million annually) make anyone susceptible to receiving an inquiry or audit.
Last year, the IRS sent over 5 million letters to taxpayers. Our partnership with @_ProtectionPlus ensures taxpayers & tax pros have access to experienced help in the case of an audit or inquiry letter.
In the case of a denial of the Earned Income Credit, PP put together a portfolio containing:
- Cover letter
- Table of contents
- Court documents, birth certificate, school records, medical records, lease agreements, and other items
- Over 100 pages of supporting documents
IDENTITY THEFT RESTORATION coverage:
- Tax related identity fraud
- Stolen credit cards
- Compromised bank accounts
Restoration Services include:
- Six months of daily credit monitoring
- Fraud alerts on credit records
- Notification to local authorities
- State specific ID recovery kit
ID THEFT EXAMPLE
In the case of multiple fraudulent credit applications, PP:
- Stopped the processing of fraudulent applications
- Worked with credit reporting agencies to ensure there was no other fraudulent activity
- Turned on six months of credit monitoring
- Kept the taxpayer educated and informed of all the steps taken, and provided support and comfort along the way