Forms IRS-2848, on the following pages, allow us to act as your representative with the IRS, and PA respectively. (Neither form has to be witnessed or notarized.)
THESE 2848 FORMS WILL ONLY BE USED:
- If you receive a NOTICE from the government, which you MUST FORWARD TO US, immediately.
- If we need to look up, on IRS’ or PA’s computer, your:
- ESTIMATED PAYMENTS, or your
- WAGE AND INCOME TRANSCRIPT, or your
- ACCOUNT TRANSCRIPT from a current or prior year return
- THESE FORMS DO NOT SHOW THE BALANCES IN YOUR BANK OR INVESTMENT ACCOUNTS.
- THESE FORMS DO NOT GIVE US ANY MONETARY POWER OVER YOUR ACCOUNTS, and state that fact at the top of Form 2848, next to the title for Part I, as follows:
“Caution: Form 2848 will not be honored for any purpose other than representation before the IRS.”
When you are ready to send us all your tax papers, please sign these where indicated by the check marks.
If you’re signing Form 2848 as a “Power of Attorney” (POA) for an incapacitated person, or as an “Executor” (“Executrix”) for a deceased person, please provide us with your legal papers of title, which must be attached.
(One set of Federal 2848 forms for taxpayer)
(One set of Federal 2848 forms for spouse)
Please contact us if you have any questions.
We’re here all year, whether it is for personal taxes, business taxes, financial services, retirement planning, long-term-care insurance or life insurance. The finest compliment that we can receive is your referrals of more clients. Working primarily by referrals means that we can devote more time to you, our valued client. With this is mind, please do not keep us a secret.